When you’re thinking about adoption for your child, you’ll probably deal with a wide range of emotions. And, you’ll probably have lots of questions about what type of adoption is best for you. Know that Lifetime is just a phone call or text message away to answer your questions. You can reach us anytime, at
But, we realize too that sometimes you’re not ready to talk or text. When it comes to adoption, Youtube can be a great source of info. These 6 YouTube channels can give you encouragement, support, and info on what to expect as you go through the adoption process:
1. BraveLove hopes to change the way people think about adoption by producing honest and informative videos of birth mothers sharing their stories. Hear firsthand from women who chose a loving, eager adoptive family for their children.
2. Melissa Link: She’s a filmmaker and birth mother who created a documentary on her experience of placing her child for adoption. She shares about learning of her pregnancy, telling her family, and deciding on adoption. Her documentary has helped many birth mothers confirm that their adoption decision was the right one.
3. Beauty Amidst the Ashes: This channel’s goal is to educate people about adoption. They have tons of videos of birth mothers telling how their adoption process went and sharing their stories. These birth mothers come from many different backgrounds and situations and hope that their personal stories can encourage and support women thinking about adoption.
4. Lifetime: Our YouTube channel covers open adoption from every side, including yours. We have videos covering the adoption process from beginning to end, which can help answer any of your questions about the process. Make sure to check out the adoption videos that hopeful adoptive couples have made, too. Watching them is a great way to learn more about potential parents for your baby.
5. Mrs. Marshelle: She’s actually an adoptive mother, but she has some videos that’ll give you a peek into how an open adoption works in the real world. These videos feature her and her children visiting with their birth mothers.
6. Binti: This channel has interviews of birth mothers, which is great because you can learn from their experiences. Plus, you can learn about options you have with modern adoption that you maybe didn’t know existed! The birth mothers in Binti’s videos answer questions about a wide range of topics, from contact with the adoptive family to how involved the birth father is.