The very first step in the adoption process is to choose the best adoption agency. This step is important and must be done after careful thought and deliberation. You’ll need to know the level of service they provide and if they are the right one for you.
Many families lose their peace of mind, money, and time by selecting an adoption agency who doesn’t meet their needs. With a bit of preparation, you can avoid such a situation on your adoption journey.
If you are looking at multiple adoption agencies and trying to pick the best adoption agency, this checklist will help you assess if they’ll be genuinely committed to making your adoption journey a success.
These 10 questions will help you measure your adoption agency’s level of commitment and engagement with the adoption process. Let’s take a look at the key questions you might consider:
1. Does the adoption agency have the right resources (licenses, experience, and so on) to perform their role well?
2. Does he/she take every opportunity to make the adoption successful?
3. Can the adoption agency produce testimonials, such as recognition or praise, for doing good work?
4. Do you think the adoption agency cares about you as a person and understands your needs and concerns?
5. Does the adoption professional encourage you on your adoption journey?
6. Does the agency have the legal expertise to deal with complexities that may arise during the adoption process?
7. Is the professional committed to doing quality work?
8. Does an external agency periodically review them?
9. Is the adoption agency transparent about the financial aspects of the adoption, his/her fees, and so on?
10. Does the agency have qualified staff to counsel adoptive parents?
The more information you gather about multiple agencies, the easier it will be to narrow them down to the one who will meet your specific needs and concerns. It is imperative to know the level of adoption services provided by each agency before you select them. With proper research and verification, you will be able to choose the best adoption agency, one who is committed to your adoption success.