Wondering what exactly is a “safe haven”? Safe Haven laws allow a parent give up their unwanted baby privately. With these laws, moms can drop their baby off at a safe haven location, as long as their baby hasn’t been abused. Safe Haven laws began so that babies wouldn’t be left in places like dumpsters or public toilets.
Regardless of what their life situation is like, a woman can make a private open adoption plan just as quickly and easily as she can drop off her baby at a safe haven. Just take a look at the benefits of creating an adoption plan instead of dropping off your baby at a Safe Haven:
- Your baby won’t go into the crowded foster care system; they’ll be able to go home with a stable, loving adoptive couple of your choosing right away.
- You’ll know what happened to your child (even if you end up choosing a closed adoption after placement.)
- You can get access to no-cost counseling and support.
- Adoption is free to choose, and it comes with no legal risks to you.
- You can remain confidential with your situation
- You’ll never be judged for making an adoption plan.
- Adoption gives both you and your baby more stability and security in the long run.
- If you choose open adoption, you’re able to stay in touch with your child and the adoptive family.
You can make an adoption plan for your baby at any time, even after they’re born. It’s never too late to choose adoption! Every child is wanted and adopt-able at Lifetime. To learn more about the advantages of modern adoption, just reach out to us.